LB-580 climate meter - barometer, thermal anemometer, thermometer, hygrometer
- functions: thermometer, hygrometer, barometer,
- measurements: digital temperature meter, digital flow
meter, digital humidity meter, digital atmospheric pressure meter –
- dew point temperature display, wet thermometer display
- mobile device, LB-581, LB-582, LB-583, LB-584
exchangeable smart probes
- graphical backlit display
- clear menu
- viewing recorded measurements on a display
- temperature resolution 0.1°C or 0.01°C
- automatic deactivation
- display of Minimum, Maximum, Average values
- alarming: audible and on the display
- measurement result stop (Stop) and Auto-Stop functions
- energy-efficient battery power supply (with the possibility to charge the battery)
- built-in measurements memory
- USB interface (via LB-376A adapter)
- PC software
What is measured by the climate meter
LB-580 climate meter is a multi-parameter instrument which allows to measure the following:
- Temperature of various media – a thermometer with a probe,
- Air relative humidity – hygrometer,
- Air flow – thermo-anemometer – thermal anemometer,
- Atmospheric pressure – barometer,
- Dew point temperature – absolute humidity hygrometer,
- Wet thermometer temperature – psychrometer,
- Panel internal temperature.
The climate meter measuring probes
LB-580 is equipped with a socket, to which the following probes may be connected:
- LB-581 – a single-channel thermometer, wired probe, the sensors of the probe are provided in – different in terms of construction of the cover of the sensor or a measurement range.
- LB-581B subversion – a single-channel thermometer, bayonet probe without a wire
- LB-582 – thermo-anemometer – thermal anemometer – air flow speed and temperature measurement
- LB-583 – thermo-hygrometer – thermometer and hygrometer – air
humidity and temperature measurement, the following values are
additionally calculated: Tpr dew point temperature and Tm wet
- LB-583P – subversion of a thermo-hygrometer in a plastic housing
- LB-584 – thermo-hygro-anemometer – air flow, humidity and temperature measurement, the following values are additionally calculated: Tpr dew point temperature and Tm wet thermometer temperature.
Without probes connected, the climate meter also measures atmospheric pressure and internal temperature of the panel. The display also shows time (hours, minutes). Plug of each probe is equipped with a memory containing the calibration coefficients of the probe and its serial number, therefore, it is possible to connect various probes without losing accuracy of a measurement.
The climate meter may be used wherever monitoring of climate parameters is required – in ventilating channels, air conditioning channels, technological installations, laminar flow hoods. The probes may operate in a wide range of temperatures -40....85°C.
Climate parameters measurement methods
- Temperature – PT1000 thermometric resistor.
- Humidity – thin-layer capacitive sensor.
- Flow – thermoanemometric measurement principle, the thermo-resistor heated by current is cooled by flowing gas. Maintenance of fixed temperature of the thermo-resistor requires appropriate current control, as this current is the measure of the speed of the flowing gas. One of the advantages of thermal anemometers (thermo-anemometers) is a small measuring head that may be mounted on a wall of a ventilating channel by inserting it through a small opening. The anemometer is temperature compensated.
- Barometric pressure – MEMS sensor embedded in the panel.
LB-580 climate meter is a mobile instrument with a battery power supply (with a possibility to be charged using a charger or USB port of a PC). The climate meter may act as a recorder – it has an extensive measurements memory. The history of measurements may be viewed on a display. It is equipped with an alarm function – exceeding of a set measurement threshold (lower or upper) is indicated by an audible signal and message on the display. The results of measurements may be stopped on the display at any time (Stop function). The meter has an automatic switch off function – the automatic switch off timer may be set in the range of 1...30 minutes.
The panel is equipped with five-button keyboard, which allows to, e.g. change recording parameters (e.g. recording interval), set alarms. Pressing of a keyboard key is indicated by a sound signal. Results are presented on a backlit graphical display.
The climate meter features modern design based on a capable and energy-efficient microprocessor controller. Based on known non-linear characteristics of a temperature sensor (PT1000 thermometric resistor) and humidity sensor (thin-layer capacitive sensor), as well as digital calibration data memorised during calibration of the memory of the instrument, the microprocessor embedded in the device calculates current results of a temperature measurement. The advantage of the instrument is a lack of mechanical calibrating elements (e.g. potentiometers). Calibration of the climate meter consists of sending calibration data obtained in the model climate conditions through a digital interface to a non-volatile memory of the device. This guarantees convenience and high precision of calibration, as well as stability of meteorological parameters of the instrument over time.
The meter is additionally provided with an advanced PC software for Windows –, which allows to:
- Present current measurements.
- Control the panel – access to settings and all functions.
- Monitor the alarms and their indication.
- Present archived data – charts, reports, histograms.
- Data archive management.
Communication with PC is carried out via dedicated USB LB-376A interface. It also allows for battery charging.
The method of recording of measurements in the embedded memory is set by the user via Logger or by using the keyboard. The recording configuration consists in:
- Activation of recording and determination of the interval of recording.
- Selecting one of the following recording types:
- Save with a continuation (the oldest data are deleted and new data are saved in its place).
- Or a save with locking (recording is locked after the memory is filled).
- It is possible to select audible indication of a measurement recording.
- Manual measurement is possible (using keyboard).
- It is possible to allocate a number to each measurement session (in order to group measurements) – 8 measurements groups are available.
Each parameter measured by LB-580 climate meter, if specified in the order, may be provided with an individual calibration certificate of LAB-EL .
The climate meter technical data
|TEMPERATURE MEASUREMENT – THERMOMETER|
|The range of measurement for LB-581 probe||maximum -200...550°C (depending on a sensor)|
|The range of measurement for LB-581B probe||-50...160°C|
|The range of measurement for LB-582, LB-583, LB-584 probes||-40...85°C|
|Measurement uncertainty (-40...85°C)||±0.1°C ± 1 last digit|
|Measurement uncertainty (-150...240°C)||±0.3°C ± 1 last digit|
|Measurement uncertainty (-200...550°C)||±1.0°C ± 1 last digit|
|Measurement resolution||0.01°C or 0.1°C|
|Dew point temperature calculation range||-40...85°C|
|Wet thermometer temperature calculation range||-40...85°C|
|HUMIDITY MEASUREMENT – HYGROMETER|
The range of measurement
|10...95% (for temperatures up to +60°C)|
|10...70% (for temperatures up to +70°C)|
|10...40% (for temperatures up to +85°C)|
|Measurement uncertainty (10%...90%)||± 2.0% ± 1 last digit|
|Measurement uncertainty (outside the range 10%...90%)||± 4.0% ± 1 last digit|
|ATMOSPHERIC PRESSURE MEASUREMENT – BAROMETER|
|The range of measurement||500.0...1,100 hPa|
|Measurement uncertainty||1 hPa|
|Measurement resolution||0.1 hPa|
|FLOW MEASUREMENT – ANEMOMETER|
|The range of measurement||0.1...25 m/s|
|Measurement uncertainty||0.05 m/s ± 3% times indication|
|Measurement resolution||0.01 m/s|
|Time constant||< 5 seconds|
|Memory capacity||about 30,000 records for a single parameter|
|Recording resolution||accordant with the measurement resolution|
|Recording range||accordant with the range of measurement|
|Recording interval increment||1 second|
|Recording interval range||5 seconds ... 18 hours|
|Battery||NiMH 3.6 V / 800 mAh battery|
|Number of battery charging cycles||1,500|
|Battery supply operating time (after charging) for LB-581, LB-583 probes.||backlit turned on – 20 hours|
|backlit turned off – 114 hours|
|recording (every 2 minutes) – 6 months|
Battery supply operating time (after charging) for LB-582, LB-584 probes.
|backlit turned on – 10 hours|
|backlit turned off – 20 hours|
|recording (every 2 minutes) – 5 days|
|OPERATING TEMPERATURE RANGE|
|Probe||depending on the sensor version|
|RECOMMENDED CONSTANT OPERATING CONDITIONS *)|
|The degree of corrosiveness of the environment as per PN-71/H-04651||B|
|LB-582, LB-583, LB-583P, LB-584 probes||IP30|
*) – Exceeding the recommended constant operation conditions (e.g. during installation of the device in an open space) requires application of additional safety measures to protect the electronic part of the device against condensation inside the device.
- LB-580: 185 x 46 x 27 mm
- LB-581 – TL-2 by standard (6 mm diameter, 100 mm length), 1 meter-long cable
- LB-581B – 250 mm length, 4 mm diameter, 1H18N9T steel
- LB-582, LB-583, LB-584 (without a handle) – 10 mm diameter, 300 mm length, 1 meter-long cable
- LB-583P – 23 mm diameter, 160 mm length, 1 meter-long cable
- LB-376A: 56 x 31 x 24 mm
- LB-580 panel
- user manual,
- LB-58X probe – upon request
- LB-569 handle – upon request,
- LB-568B handle – upon request,
- LB-376A + USB cable – upon request,
- Logger software – upon request.