Portable thermometer, LB-570A temperature recorder
- portable thermometer
- temperature recorder
- measurements: temperature (PT1000)
- 0.1°C or 0.01°C resolution
- portable instrument, integrated temperature probe
- two-row, backlit display
- frequent result refreshing
- automatic power off
- displaying MIN, MAX, Tavg values
- alarm signalling: sound and display signal
- measurement result holding function (HOLD)
- power-saving battery supply (can be re-charged)
- built-in memory storage of measurements
- USB (LB-376A) interface
- computer software
Description of the thermometer
The LB-570A portable electronic thermometer is designed to measure air temperature. In the standard version, this temperature recorder is equipped with atype F1. It is a portable thermometer with a battery power supply (which may be charged with a charger or via computer’s USB port). Temperature measurement result is refreshed a few times per second. The thermometer may function as a temperature recorder — it features an extensive measurement history storage memory. it features an alarm signalling function — when the set temperature threshold (lower or upper) is breached, a sound alarm is triggered and the alarm signal is displayed. The temperature measurement may be frozen on the display (HOLD function). The thermometer features an auto power off function — the auto power off time may be set within a range of 1…30 minutes.
The temperature recorder is equipped with a five-button keyboard, enabling, among others, the recording specifications to be adjusted (e.g. recording interval), and the alarm to be set. The keyboard buttons click when pressed. The results are presented on a backlit LCD display. The following measurements are available:
- current temperature;
- maximum temperature (MAX);
- minimum temperature (MIN);
- average temperature (Tavg);
- time (hours, minutes).
At the same time, the current temperature is displayed at the thermometer in the bottom row and the selected measurement (MX, MIN, Tavg, Time) in the top row of the display.
In the range of portable thermometers, the LB-570 comes in various versions:
- — portable thermo hygrometer, temperature and humidity recorder
- — portable thermo hygrometer with additional external temperature sensor, temperature and humidity recorder
Thermometer with calibration certificate
This portable thermometer features a modern construction based on an efficient and power-saving microprocessor controller. On the basis of the known non-linear characteristics of the temperature sensor (Pt1000 thermometer resistor) and digital calibration data stored during calibration on the recorder’s storage memory, the built-in microprocessor calculates the current temperature measurement results. An advantage of the portable thermometer is the lack of mechanical calibration elements (e.g. potentiometers). The thermometer calibration requires sending calibration data via a digital interface to the instrument’s permanent storage, obtained from the calibrated temperatures. It ensures convenience and high calibration accuracy as well as the stability of this portable thermometer's metrological parameters over time.
Software for the thermometers
The thermometer/recorder may additionally come with advanced software for Windows PC — the— enabling:
- presentation of current readings from thermometers;
- operation of thermometers — access to settings and all functions;
- alarm monitoring and signalling;
- presentation of the temperature recorder’s archived data — charts, reports, histograms;
- data archive management.
A dedicated LB-376A USB interface is used for communication with the computer. It also enables battery charging.
The method of recording temperature measurements in the thermometer’s built-in storage memory is defined by the user with the use of the Logger application or the keyboard. In order to configure the temperature recording:
- activate the temperature recording and define the recording interval;
- select one of the following recording modes:
- recording with continuation (the oldest data are deleted and overwritten with new data);
- recording with protection (recording is blocked when the storage memory is full);
- it is possible to set sound signals for measurement recording;
- it is possible to perform the temperature measurement manually (via the keyboard);
- it is possible to assign each measurement session with a number (for measurement grouping) — 8 measurement groups are available.
Each thermometer, as per order, may feature an individual calibration certificate
provided by LAB-EL .
|Measurement uncertainty||±0.1°C ±1 final digit|
|Measurement resolution||0.1°C or 0.01°C|
|Memory capacity||31,488 entries|
|temperature recording resolution||0.1°C or 0.01°C|
|temperature recording range||-40…85°C|
|recording interval pitch||1 second|
|recording interval range **)||1 sec. … 99 minutes 59 sec.|
|battery (portable thermometer)||NiMH 3.6 V/800 mAh battery|
|Number of battery charging cycles||1,500|
|battery operation time (after charging)||backlight on — 20 hours|
|backlight off — 530 hours|
|recording (every 2 min) — 1 year|
|OPERATING TEMPERATURE RANGE|
|RECOMMENDED CONTINUOUS OPERATING CONDITIONS *)|
|Degree of environmental corrosivity, according to PN-71/H-04651||B|
|LB-570A (portable thermometer)||IP30|
|LB-376A (USB interface)||IP3|
*) Exceeding the recommended continuous operating conditions
the use of additional protective measures for the electronic part of
the device against the eventuality of water entering the device.
**) When a resolution of 0.01°C is set, the smallest recording interval is 2 seconds.
LB-570A temperature recorder: 200 x 46 x 27 mm
LB-376A USB interface: 56 x 31 x 24 mm
- user instruction
- LB-376A + USB cable — on request
- LB-579 stand — on request
- LB-568A holder — on request
- Logger software — on request