LB-560D - Precision thermometer with a probe
- functions: single-channel precision thermometer, recorder
- thermometer with a sensor (thermometer with a probe)
- measurements: very precise temperature measurement (PT1000)
- portable thermometer, exchangeable smart LB-561 probes
- two-row, backlit display
- frequent result refreshing
- temperature resolution of 0.1°C or 0.01°C (precise
- automatic power off
- displaying MIN, MAX, Tavg values
- alarm signalling: sound and display signal
- measurement result holding function (HOLD)
- power-saving battery supply (can be re-charged)
- built-in memory storage of measurements
- USB (LB-376A) interface
- computer software
Description of the thermometer with a probe
The LB-560D precision thermometer is designed for measuring temperature in various media. It is equipped with a socket, to which the LB-561A single-channel, exchangeable cable probes or the LB-561B bayonet probe without a cable may be connected. There is a storage memory in each of the probes’ plug, where the given sensor’s calibration factors and the probe’s serial number are stored, enabling the various probes to be connected without any loss of measurement accuracy. Probes’ sensors come in— differing in sensor screen execution and measurement range.
The LB-560D is a precision thermometer with a probe, with battery power supply (which may be charged with a charger or via the computer’s USB port). Temperature measurement result is refreshed a few times per second. The thermometer may function as a temperature recorder — it features an extensive measurement history storage memory. it features an alarm signalling function — when the set temperature threshold (lower or upper) is breached, a sound alarm is triggered and the alarm signal is displayed. The temperature measurement may be frozen on the display (HOLD function). The thermometer features an auto power off function — the auto power off time may be set within a range of 1…30 minutes.
The thermometer is equipped with a five-button keyboard, enabling, among others, the recording specifications to be adjusted (e.g. recording interval), and the alarm to be set. The keyboard buttons click when pressed. The results are presented on a backlit LCD display. The following measurements are presented:
- current temperature;
- maximum temperature (MAX);
- minimum temperature (MIN);
- average temperature (Tavg);
- time (hours, minutes).
At the same time, the current temperature is displayed in the bottom row and the selected measurement (MX, MIN, Tavg, Time) in the top row of the display.
This precision electronic thermometer features a modern construction based on an efficient and power-saving microprocessor controller. On the basis of the known non-linear characteristics of the temperature sensor (Pt1000 thermometer resistor) and digital calibration data stored during calibration on the instrument’s storage memory, the instrument’s built-in microprocessor calculates the current and precise temperature measurement results. An advantage of this thermometer with a probe is the lack of mechanical calibration elements (e.g. potentiometers). The thermometer calibration requires sending calibration data via digital interface to the thermometer’s permanent storage, obtained from the calibrated temperatures. It ensures convenience and high calibration accuracy as well as the stability of the metrological parameters of a precision thermometer with an external sensor over time.
The thermometer may additionally come with advanced software for Windows PC — the— enabling:
- presentation of current readings from thermometers;
- operation of thermometers — access to settings and all functions;
- alarm monitoring and signalling;
- presentation of archived data — charts, reports, histograms;
- data archive management.
A dedicated LB-376A USB interface is used for communication with the computer. It also enables battery charging.
The method of recording measurements in the thermometer’s built-in storage memory is defined by the user via the Logger application or the keyboard. In order to configure the recording:
- activate recording and define recording interval;
- select one of the following recording modes:
- recording with continuation (the oldest data are deleted and overwritten with new data);
- recording with protection (recording is blocked when the storage memory is full);
- it is possible to set sound signals for measurement recording;
- it is possible to take a measurement manually (via the keyboard);
- it is possible to assign each measurement session with a number (for measurement grouping) — 7 measurement groups are available.
Each thermometer, as per order, may feature an individual calibration certificate provided by LAB-EL .
|Measurement range of the LB-561A probe||maximum of -200…550°C (depending from the sensor)|
|Measurement range of the LB-561B probe||-50…160°C|
|Measurement accuracy (-40…85°C)||±0.1°C ±1 final digit|
|Measurement uncertainty (-150…240°C)||±0.3 °C ±1 final digit|
|Measurement uncertainty (-200…550°C)||±1.0 °C ±1 final digit|
|Measurement resolution||0.01°C for the range
0.1°C in the remaining range
|Memory capacity||31,488 entries for the resolution
21,000 entries for the resolution of 0.01°C
|Recording resolution||0.1°C or 0.01°C|
|Recording interval pitch||1 second|
|Recording interval range||1 sec. … 99 minutes 59 sec.|
|Battery||NiMH 3.6 V / 800 mAh battery|
|Number of battery charging cycles||1,500|
|Battery operation time (after charging)||backlight on — 20 hours|
|backlight off — 530 hours|
|recording (every 2 min) — 1 year|
|OPERATING TEMPERATURE RANGE|
|Probe||depending on the sensor version|
|RECOMMENDED CONTINUOUS OPERATING CONDITIONS *)|
|Degree of environmental corrosivity, according to PN-71/H-04651||B|
*) Exceeding the recommended continuous operating conditions (e.g. when installing the thermometer with a probe outdoors) requires the use of additional protective measures for the electronic part of the device against the eventuality of water entering the device.
LB-560D thermometer: 185 x 46 x 27 mm
LB-561A probe — by default: TL-2 (diameter: 6 mm, length: 100 mm), cable: 1 metre
LB-561B probe — length: 250 mm, diameter: 4 mm, 1H18N9T steel
LB-376A USB interface: 56 x 31 x 24 mm
- user instruction
- LB-561A probe (by default: TL-2)
- LB-561B probe — on request
- LB-569 holder — on request
- LB-568B holder — on request
- LB-376A + USB cable — on request
- Logger software — on request